Friday 10 June 2011

Twilight Gift

The light of the sun doing down was my inspiration. Beautiful, luminous, many shades of blue, the twilight was gorgeous. I followed my sudden urge not to switch on the electricity. At all. To keep the magic going.

Taking a shower in that fading light was slow and mysterious. Present there and then, enjoying the feeling of water running down my strangely blue-gray body. The tranquil and silent darkness of my room seemed to appease the galloping thoughts, and leaving me in the quiet blue light. I relished drifting into sleep and woke up refreshed, and relaxed, in a fantastic mood (it’s Friday, yeeey!).

It seems like the absence of the artificial harsh light was a good transition to a deeper darkness of sleep. I feel like sometimes the light makes me rush and dart around, while my body and mind are naturally quieting down at the end of the day. So, I might repeat this as a nice winding-down ritual. Would be good for the bills, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment